In 1966 a history of Saint Columb’s Theological Hall was published by the Diocese of Wangaratta Victoria. The history generated interest and in 1997 the first Thanksgiving Service was held at Holy Trinity Cathedral and from this emerged the ongoing activity of the Reunion.
The Hall was founded by the first Bishop of Wangaratta, Thomas Armstrong. From 1903 to its closure in 1969 the Hall functioned as a Bishop’s College. Some 106 students graduated from the Hall being ordained not only for the Diocese of Wangaratta but also for the Diocese of Ballarat, Bendigo, the then Diocese of Carpentaria, Melbourne, Polynesia and the Riverina. The Hall was closed when changes occurred in the education and formation of clergy being directed to more university based undergraduate education.